[linux-dvb] Re: Erroneous unsupported PLL synthesizer: found it!!

Hi, I've found the problem. It seems to be the same one as mentioned in
"dvb-kernel and alps_bsru6 not tuning" from Matt Davis on Mon, 03 Feb 2003.

Basically, sending both i2c commands at the same time means the stv0299 bus
repeater does not have enough time (the i2c device returns BUSY 'cos it
hasn't finished with the first message). Adopting the same solution (breaking
all the double-i2c PLL writes up into two single ones) makes the PLL work
again.

Patch coming up in a sec. Er, should I just make it always use two i2c
commands when writing to the PLL in the i2c code? Two double ones seem to be
causing lots of issues.... what do people think?

--
adq