[linux-dvb] Re: Frontend patch

On Monday 17 March 2003 01:59, Juri Haberland wrote:
> Ragnar Sundblad wrote:
> > --On den 17 mars 2003 01:25 +0100 Nils Ohlmeier <nils.ohlmeier@web.de>
> >
> > wrote:
> >> i just wanted to report that setting the power always to 2 in
> >> sp5659_set_tv_freq() dramaticly decrease the time until i have a
> >> watchable  stream with my very lousy signal here.
> >> Thanks for this hint :-)
> >
> > Ok, on a frequency higher than 782MHz, or did you have to modify
> > the patch?
>
> I think he modified the patch as we don't have any channels above E59
> here in Berlin.

As usual Juri is right :-)

I have a very lousy signal here in Berlin. Most channels have a siganl level
of 4xxx in tzap (im still searching for the reason for this low signal).

With the current CVS code i have to wait for several seconds until i have a
stable picture and sound. With your patch this time is getting shorter for
some channels.
But i also tried it with fixed values of 2 and 3 as third parameter for
sp5659_set_tv_freq() (instead of the zero). And with a value of 3 i have a
stable picture and sound nearly immediately on every channel.
The disadvantage seems to be that sometimes i get on switching only a black
screen without sound. Then i have to switch to a complete different
frequence, before a i can switch successful to the desired channel.

As you notice i do not know what i'm doing here. It is more trial and error :)

Greetings
  Nils