[linux-dvb] PVA == AV_PES?

Alex Woods writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I am working on a driver for the DEC2000 device and it seems to provide me
 > with data in what TechnoTrend call PVA format, described by this document:
 >
 > http://www.technotrend.de/download/av_format_v1.pdf
 >
 > It mentions the AV7110 in the document, and I am wondering if this format is
 > the same as AV_PES.  If so, am I right in thinking that I should use the

Yes, it's the same $%&§ format.

 > pes2ts filters in some way?  Are these used to create transport streams which
 > are then sent to cb.ts on the feed?

There is no AV_PES support in the (dvb-)mpegtools because we switched
the firmaware to PES support a long time ago and AV_PES is not really
a format. You could try looking into the CVS archive or maybe an old
tar-archive and try if you can find one old enough so that there is
still AV_PES support in it.
Is it possible to load a different firmware into the DEC2000?

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |