[linux-dvb] Re: RC problem (details)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Oliver Endriss wrote:

> jpulz@frm2.tu-muenchen.de wrote:
> > i tried CVS Rev. 1.8 right now, and it seems that everything is
> > working now for me.
> > but i found some differences..
> >
> > here is a small dump what 'evtest' and av7110_ir_debug=1 gives to me:
> >
> > firmware up to CVS Rev. 1.5:
> > 0x41 KEY_1
> > #########80000041######### key 41 pressed (keycode 2)
> > Event: time 1049136171.364196, type 1 (Key), code 2 (1), value 1
> > Event: time 1049136171.860519, type 1 (Key), code 2 (1), value 0
> >
> > firmware CVS Rev. 1.6 and 1.7:
> >
> > NOTHING reported.. no output, NOT working
>
> Don't know why it doesn't work, but obviously it has been fixed in 1.8.
> ;-)
>
> > firmware CVS Rev. 1.8:
> >
> > KEY_1
> > #########00000941######### addr 5 data 0x01 (keycode 0)
> > av7110_emit_key: unknown key 0x01!!
> >
> > as you can see, the values for the key's are different.
> > i don't know if this is the expected behavior..
>
> Yes, this is expected. Sorry.
>
> A RC5 code consists of a toggle bit, 5 address bits and 6 data bits:
>         taaa aadd dddd.
>
> For key '1', your remote control transmits (toggle bit ignored):
> binary   001 0100 0001
> hex        1    4    1
>
> As you can see, the old firmware delivered the lower 8 bits only,
> while the new firmware delivers the full word.
>
> The old driver used all available data (8 bits) as an index into the
> keymap. The new driver decodes the data word and uses the data bits
> (lower 6 bits) only, because the new driver has a feature to listen to
> a specific device address (see DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys/README).
> Some remote controls have an option to change this address (TV1/TV2,
> SAT1/SAT2, etc.).
>
> Obviously, your rc uses device address 5.
> For your remote, simply subtract 40 from each keycode in your keymap.

thank you very much for your help and the informations.
i will change my rc5-file tonight.

i've one last question.

with the new firmware and driver from CVS ( checkout yesterday in the
evening ) i get a lot of key repeats when i press a button on the RC only
for a short time.

a very short press gave me minimum 3 key press events. is this also the
expected behavior or should it be less than that??

i saw the mail from Oliver Endriss to the VDR ML where he said that this
problem is fixed since yesterday 17:40, but it seems that it isn't
working.

Joerg