[linux-dvb] Re: how to use bt8xx card?

Hello !

I have a little problem.
I try your solution to play the mpeg stream, but not work.
I use the 'modprobe dvb-bt8xx' command for load the bt8xx dvb drivers and i call the './insmod load' in the dvb-kernel source dir, but after i successfully load the modules, i don't hear a 'click' from my machine house. This little click sound every hear on windows, or if i'm using the old 'pinnacle experimental' driver ... How to "turn to on" my dvb card? :)

Thanx

Demeter Tibor

Alex Woods wrote:

I'm install the dvb-kernel driver for my pinnacle pctv sat card. This card
based on bt878 chip. I successfully compile the driver, load the
modules, but i don't know how to watching the tv channels ?

I'm not exactly sure of the tuning method for satelite tuners, but you probably want to take a look at szap from the 1.0.0-pre2 release or tuxzap from http://metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html. This should allow you to tune the card to a channel.

You can then use a command like this to watch the video:

cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 | ts2ps 600 601 | mplayer -

The ts2ps util is part of the dvb-mpegtools package, also available from http://metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html. The two numbers are the video and audio pids of the channel that you want to watch.

Cheers,
Alex

--
Demeter Tibor

Net-Working Szolgáltató és Kereskedelmi Bt.
2700 Cegléd, Rákócz út 56/A C lh. 1 em. 5
Tel.: +36 70/318-9705
Fax: +36 53/310-030
E-mail: tdemeter@net-working.hu <mailto:tdemeter@net-working.hu>
http://www.net-working.hu