[linux-dvb] Rép. : Cards architecture

Anne-Laure Selignan writes:

 > >All of the Hauppauge cards only have one frontend. The "big" cards
 > >(just called DVB-[SCT] or Nexus cards) have one hardware demultiplexer.
 > >The Nova cards have no demultiplexer. They only deliver the complete
 > >transport stream which is then demultiplexed in software.
 >
 > So which cards do you talk about in your paper from Linux Kongress (p9) when you say that newer hardware even offers several frontends, demuxers and decoders on a single chip?
 > Do they exist for DVB-T?
 > > Does having several frontends mean that we can retrieve simultaneously several streams on different multiplexes? And if yes, how many and how can I test it?

We were talking about chipsets like the EMMA2 from NEC, the AV7200 from
TI and probably others which are used in STBs, but not yet in PCI
cards. They don't depend on the frontend, so that they can be used for
DVB-S,T,C and maybe even all three at once.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |