[linux-dvb] Re: How to start with Pinnacle PCTV Sat

Hi,

Your version of szap seems to be pretty old. There is no seperate SEC
device anymore since months. Get a new version from

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv -z3 co DVB

I did so, now the output looks different but I still get an error:

htpc:/usr/src/DVB/apps/szap# ./szap -n1
zapping to 'Das Erste':
sat 0, frequency = 11837 MHz H, symbolrate 27500000, vpid = 0x0065, apid = 0x0066
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
opening frontend failed: No such device

The modules ar all loaded and there were no errors.
So why isn't the card recognized? /proc/devices shows the following:

1 mem
2 pty
3 ttyp
81 video_capture
162 raw
226 drm
250 DVB

Do I have to make an entry in modules.conf?

Thanx,
Volker