[linux-dvb] Re: Audio sync

Am Dienstag, 8. April 2003 12:07 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> Holger Waechtler wrote:
> > Marcus Metzler wrote:
> > > Antti O Lammi writes:
> > >  > > Does anybody else have problem with audio sync, it is quite bad
> > >  > > (nearly ridiculous) on Nexus DVB-T, not so bad on Nexus DVB-S.
> > >  > > Yesterday I tested the version on CVS, no better than before.
> > >  > > The driver I'm using now is linux-dvb.2002-12-08.tar.bz2 pack from
> > >  > > vdr-project, no problem there.
> > >  >
> > >  > I have had the same problems since the LinkLayer CAM change for VDR
> > >  > (the firmware changed). I can't use the new drivers/VDR at all
> > >  > because of this. Still using VDR 1.1.19. ;-(
> > >
> > > Does that also happen with our firmware (i.e. www.metzerbros.org/dvb)?
> >
> > it's a bug (or missing feature?) in VDR, the PCR PID is not correctly
> > set up. I think this will get fixed soon.
>
> Well, I wouldn't know how!
>
> Are you saying VDR should set VPID, APID _and_ PCR-PID when recording?
> Would it then receive extra TS packets with the PCR-PID?

As far as I understood it yes.

> What should it do with those? Would they have to be used when
> converting TS to PES in remux.c? What if PCR-PID == VPID?

I guess there have to be a case for the case Vpid != PCR Pid

> So far for channels where PCR-PID == VPID things appear to work fine.
> Since Oliver Endriss' driver fix live tv as well as replaying recordings
> work great. So apprently in case PCR-PID == VPID there's nothing else VDR
> would have to do, I guess.
>
> What's the reason to have an extra PCR-PID, anyway?

Don't know whats the reason for it, but it is apperantly reality. We had this
discussion a half year ago. For the moment vdr simple assumes that Vpid==PCR
Pid and since this is true for 90% of all cases it was just fine.

--
counter.li.org : #296567.