[linux-dvb] Re: how-to for newbies

I downloaded the DVB part of the CVS (it looked like that was effectively
rc3)

I am using devfs & copied the devfs.conf to /etc/devfs/something i can't
remember/dvb.conf
(where all the other devfs.conf files are).  Now if i modprobe dvb-core i
get a /dev/dvb but nothing in it.

My only ideas as to why it might not be working is that either:
	Is DVB the right package for me to be using for the nebula card, or
should i be using dvb-kernel/build-2.4 (or are they the same?)

	When i compile DVB is it finding the right sources for bttv (or does
this matter?) as the ones in the kernel tree are the standard 2.4.20 ones,
even though i am running bttv 0.9.4.  When i compile DVB it has lots of
warnings about reference to previous something (sorry i can't remember
exactly what & am at uni, so can't try it again atm)....but it doesn't stop
it.

Another query i have about using the DVB package, you can type make in the
root of it & everything gets built.  But if you do as INSTALL says & then
try 'make insmod' it says it can't.  You have to go into the drivers folder
and say 'make install' there instead.  Is this a mistake in the Makefile -
or in the instructions? Or the root of all my problems ;o)

Cheers,

	Robin