[linux-dvb] Re: TT DVB-T - Further problems

--On den 20 april 2003 21:08 +0100 Edward Wildgoose <ed@wildgooses.com> wrote:

Interesting, I have

53970ec17a538945a6d8cb608a7b3899  /usr/lib/DVB/driver/frontends/Sc_main.mc
Ok, the newer one of the two I have. It seems to be the one
everybody I have talked to is using, and me too at the moment.

Which came from a CD labelled version 2.10a.  Where do I get updates from
anyway?
www.technotrend.de has 2.15 since 17 Apr 2003. :-) (It has the
same sc_main as you already have.)
www.hauppauge.de or ..uk has software too, they are often different,
it is a good idea to check both.

For me the card stops working pretty quickly, often within a dozen channel
changes.  tzap *looks* like it is working, ie channel changes, and it
reports a varying signal strength and all the other stuff!  Very wierd.
It looks like the tuner *is* actually still tuning, it just that there is
no output either on the analogue output, or via any of the internal
inputs.
Ok, sounds a little different than my problems then. For me it seems
to happen more often if I repeatedly retune fast, maybe with a
second or two between the retunes. At the moment I can't make it
happen either.

For the record I did also try moving the card around to different PCI
slots in case there was an interrupt conflict - no change.  And this is
all on a vanilla 2.40.20 kernel under gentoo.  I do have a dual CPU
machine on a via chipset motherboard, for what it's worth...
I have also tried different slots with no change. I have a dell
tower with a single 600MHz P3 and intel 82820 chipset (and a
12V fan connector on the main board than can not be used without
the DVB-T tuner going crazy. :-)

/ragge