[linux-dvb] Re: Green flicker when capturing via v4l interface

Hello Stefan,

The best ways to have such streams are mp1e and ffmpeg. Now I discovered strange green flickers in the picture which comes up in irregluar intervals but afaik allways with the same length. It happends with mp1e as well as with ffmpeg. I recently updated from kernel 2.4.18 to 2.4.20 without success. ATM I run the DVB driver from 13.04.2003. The same happend with the -pre2 Driver.

To better understand what I mean, I've captured some seconds and extracted the single frames here : http://www.lindy.cc/hagie/capture/index.htm
Anyone got any tips how to solve this ???
You get the same effect when you capture with a yuv 422 pixelformat and swap the u and v values, so it seems that there a temporary glitches in the capture process. But I have no idea what the cause could be. 8-(

Do you have a mainboard with a VIA chipset?

"mp1e" can capture from v4l2 sources and the "nvrec" suite can record from v4l2 sources, too. It can use the "rte" from "mp1e" as a capture backend.

So if you think that this is a driver issue, I would ask you to try the dvb-kernel driver (which has a new saa7146 capture core) and use pure v4l2. You don't need to install the driver permanently, so you don't have to fear that you screw up your installation.

Thanx in advance
Stefan
CU
Michael.