[linux-dvb] Re: Full transport stream from full featured cards?

> Aurelian Pop schrieb:
> >
> >>Just checking:
> >>
> >>The docs imply that you can only get the full transport stream
from

> > the
> >
> >>cards without a built in decoder.  So if I have a full featured
> >
> > card, ie the
> >
> >>tt DVB-T then I can't get the full transport stream with the
current

> > driver?
> >
> > Yes, set the filter to 8192 (this means full TS, no PID filtering)
so
> > you get the full transport stream.
> >

> Do you mean the origin TS or a remuxed TS with limited numbers of
PIDs?

AFAIK, if you feed to the dmx device the command "dmx_set_pes_filter"
with the value 8192 (actually this is an invalid PID number because it
is represented on 14 bits, and PID is represented on 13 bits), the
driver interprets this value as "do not filter anything", and it just
copies everything to the demuxN device.
So this way you get your full transport stream.

Aurelian