[linux-dvb] Re: Anyone has success with latest dvb-kernel under 2.4?

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 05:18:19PM +0200, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> What I mean by catastrophic, is that a most after FIVE minutes of
> dvb-kernel usage, my system completely freeze???
> With the same kernel, with DVB HEAD, I never encountered the smallest
> problem of stability...

My system freezes about once a day since using current drivers.
(> 2003-04-01, or so: DVB. I have not tested dvb-kerenel yet).

But: I also installed a new harddisk, new RAM, and I'm running Debian
now; so: I cannot be sure exactly what freezes my system yet. I'm
suspecting the DVB driver, though...
The freeze seems to happen in steps: first, I see that something must
be wrong, because a compile doesn't continue. Switching to another win-
dow still works, sometimes switching to yet another window works as well,
but then: that was it...

Wolfgang