[linux-dvb] Re: NOVA-t with new tuner

michael@optusnet.com.au wrote:
I just purchased a nova-t card (in the UK)
and the tuner doesn't seem to be supported in
the latest drivers.

With a bit of searching I worked out it's
a philips tuner from the CD1300 family
(specifically a TDM1316 which I think says
it's a terrestrial tuner that's I2C controlled).
Can you please try to find out what Demodulator chip they're using? This is located either inside the metal box or nearby.

My problem is that I can't see to find any
software to run this sucker, nor can I find
the datasheet for it on the internet.

Anyone know if either
a) There's software to drive it, or
Do you have a working Windows driver? And a second Computer? If so, could you please build a simple i2c sniffer (for example the one described on http://warmcat.com/milksop/cheapi2c.html) and post the communication logs?

b) where to find the datasheet for it?
on the Philips website or nowhere.

Holger