[linux-dvb] DVB-C status [was:DVB-C in Helsinki]

> What is the status of Jaakkos patch for the driver(s)?
> Has it been included? If not, will it ever be included?
>
> The driver(s) are more or less useless here in HTV-land
> without Jaakkos patch. At least I can't get it to work... :(

As far as I know, DVB-C is unuseable with current HEAD drivers (and has
been for sometimes).
- Without Jaakko's patch, I get very unreliable tuning (if it can ever
tune).
- With the patch (dvb6.diff), it works flawlessly with very fast tuning
times.
This does not depend on the cable provider. I have a Hauppauge rev 2.1
DVB-C card.

Patch is available here: http://hyvatti.iki.fi/~jaakko/dvb/

Anyone against having it included in CVS ?

Pleaaaase ;)