[linux-dvb] TV Apps

After a bit of a struggle to get the driver installed (never done that
without rpms before :o) I have succeeded and got the driver working I
think. I have got a channels.conf file in .tzap directory, but have now
run out of ideas.
Could someone please point me at a simple app which will allow me to use
the driver? there don't seem to be many howto's etc. for using dvb.
alternatively could you point me to a more relevant list on which to ask
this question?

some info:-
I have a Hauppauge Nova-t
using Rowridge transmitter
driver dvb-20030511 (working with tzap, have a channels.conf file and it
has all the relevant info in it)
kernel 2.4.20 (custom) in Redhat 9

simple instructions would be appreciated, but I'm pretty technical so
complex ones might work too ;o)

I've spent months removing reasons for Windows, this is the last one, so
after this XP will be erased!

any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Dave