[linux-dvb] Re: TV Apps

I am in the same situation as you Dave all be it a little further down
the road (even using redhat 9 as well). Gavin Hamill pointed out htat to
use VDR you need a hardware decoder of some form at the moment as
software decoding in a nice TV app isn't yet supported. To thie end I'm
getting a dxr3 in about an hour and a half when I'll start using vdr.

if you have any questions about getting software decoding going feel free
to email me directly, this is a good link as well if you ignore the
finland specific stuff http://nrg.joroinen.fi/dvb-minihowto/index.html

Glyn
--
  Glyn Edwards