[linux-dvb] GCC3 and dvbtune

I have a slightly unusual error that I *think* may be related to GCC3.
I have just upgraded from from SuSE 8.0 to SuSE 8.2. I have a binary of
dvbtune that I compiled on the 8.0 system which has gcc 2.9.5 (or there
abouts) and I have just compiled dvbtune on 8.2 (with gcc 3.3).
Compilation ran fine in gcc3 but... the binary version (gcc2) works fine
and the one I've just compiled (gcc3) doesn't. It gives a "Resource
temporarily unavailable" error (code 11) when dvbtune tries to read the
PAT.

The drivers are the same on both systems. I have tried using the latest
release drivers too. Interestingly the scan tool that comes with the
drivers is able to access the PAT when complied with GCC3.

Any ideas what is going on? Is GCC doing some optimisations that is breaking the
code?

Tim