[linux-dvb] Re: vbv delay/buffer overflows on VBR statmux

Marcus Metzler wrote:
> Gregor Lawatscheck writes:
> It is no problem to free 20k, you just have to reduce the OSD
> memory. Of course, Klaus will kill you if you do that :-).
> They should have put more memory on the board.

It's a shame because doubling memory size would not make the card much
more expensive. Has someone ever tried to add more memory to the card?
Of course this would require a modified firmware. ;-)

> Has anybody tried to use ntuxplayer to replay the problematic
> streams. There is a dirty fix in there which just restarts the
> decoder if the player sees that playback is not working.

Does not work. With ntuxplayer I can hear some interrupted sound, but no
picture at all. That's not surprising because the driver isn't able to
display anything without the patch.

I you like I will upload a few megabytes for testing.

Oliver