[linux-dvb] Re: pid filtering

Harald Dankworth writes:

 > > There could be a new type of filter which filters a certain
 > > service or as you said mpts to spts. This would require the kernel to
 > > check the PAT and PMT and get all the PIDs belonging to the
 > > service. Then it has to adjust the tables and clocks accordingly.
 > > IMHO this is probably not a job for the kernel, unless there is a
 > > hardware solution.
 >
 > Is there any open-source projects implementing a remultiplexer?

There are remuxers for program streams (mostly to put them on DVD or
S-VCD). I have the mplex program in the dvb-mpegtools which remuxes a
TS to a program stream. There is also something called ts2ps in the
tools which does that in a very dirty way.  The beginning of an
on-the-fly remuxer is in remux.c in the dvb-mpegtools sources. Again
only for program streams.
The method that was explained in the paper should not be to hard to
implement, if you get the entire TS from the dvr device and count the
packets that you filter out and adjust the PCR accordingly.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |