[linux-dvb] Re: how to set stream types for playback?

 > > The stream types are taken from the capabilities:
 > > #define VIDEO_CAP_MPEG1   1
 > > #define VIDEO_CAP_MPEG2   2
 > > /* can you send a system and/or program stream to video device?
 > >    (you still have to open the video and the audio device but only
 > >     send the stream to the video device) */
 > > #define VIDEO_CAP_SYS     4
 >
 > is this SPTS?

SYS stands for MPEG1 system stream, i.e. MPEG1 audio and video already muxed.
What does SPTS stand for?

 > > #define VIDEO_CAP_PROG    8
 >
 > is this PS?

Yes, MPEG2 program stream.

 > > #define AUDIO_CAP_MP1    4
 > > #define AUDIO_CAP_MP2    8
 >
 > How can I select MPEG2 PES or ES for audio and video? How can I select
 > AVPES? Would an MPEG1 PS be (VIDEO_CAP_MPEG1|VIDEO_CAP_PROG)?

MPEG1/2 and MP1/2 means PES acoording to MPEG1/2 standard in video and
audio, respectively. There is no ES option yet, but could be added, of course.
There is no AVPES, it is not needed in any way and should not be
supported.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |