[linux-dvb] Re: DVB/apps szap and scan inconsistencies

Franck Arnaud wrote:
> I noticed the scan app's "zap" channels.conf output is not compatible
> with szap's input, not only fields are at different places and with
> different units, but scan's output does not contain polarisation
> info!
>
> Here is a patch for scan and szap to fix this:
>
> http://www.nenie.org/misc/dvb.apps.patch.20030526
>
> This makes scan output in the same field locations as szap
> expects, so szap will still read the old files as the one
> for astra in the repository.

Thanks a lot!

> The small change in szap is
> to make it tolerant of khz/mhz for freq and units/'000 for
> symbol rate.

I don't like that. I want the interpretaton of the values
in channels.conf to be unambiguous.

> This allows to leave scan outputing these new units which
> I guess is more consistent with -C and -T.

szap was designed to be compatible to channel lists in VDR 0.7x format
which you can be downloaded from http://www.dxandy.de/cgi-bin/dvbchan.pl
(seen comment in szap.c). The "vdr" output format should be compatible
with current VDR versions.

I took part of your patch and comitted it with
minor modifications. DVB-T is untested, I hope I didn't
break it.

Regards,
Johannes