[linux-dvb] Re: What is BDA-driver model?

From: "Rene Bartsch" <ml@bartschnet.de>
> Ok, as it is directly from Microsoft I'll drop my idea to suggest a
> merging of BDA and DVB-API to get a platform-independent API.
>
> As usually M$ won't move a milimeter into direction of DVB-API.

They probably won't design any new API without their Common Object Model
anyway. BDA needs pretty much a complete redesign, though, it is simply not
working right now, and has architectural errors, e.g. you can only tune
into one service at a time, disallowing the use of a TV service and the
associated Teletext service at the same time :(

Point is: There's probably not much (if anything) in BDA that would be
worthwhile integrating into any other API.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net