[linux-dvb] Re: Help please, can't compile dvb drivers.

"Florian Siberchicot":

> When it comes to the sync section, I get many errors:
> dvb_core.o: unresolved symbol alloc_skb

It could be that you compiled against a different tree than
you are trying to use the modules with. Linux modules are
(by default) compiled against a specific kernel.

BTW, may be there could be sanity checks in the makefile, eg:
(for dvb-kernel/build-2.4/Makefile):

KDIRRELEASE := $(shell grep UTS_RELEASE $(KDIR)/include/linux/version.h |

sanitycheck:
	@test $(KDIRRELEASE) = $(KERNELRELEASE) || echo "Error: expected tree for
$(KERNELRELEASE), got $(KDIRRELEASE)"

That would also catch if you have an old .version and want to compile
against something else.

--
franck@nenie.org