[linux-dvb] Determining transport stream bitrate.

This is probably an off topic question, sorry I don't know who else to ask.
Does anyone know how to determine the bitrate of a specific PID in a Transport Stream. I have some transport streams that I recorded to disk and now I want to determine the bitrate of the individual PIDs. I know the total bitrate of the stream, and how many bits have occured thus far in both the stream and the PID that I need the bitrate for. I tried this:

bits of PID/(total bits in stream/stream bitrate)

and It doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance,
Jens Thomsen