[linux-dvb] Re: New Skystar2 drivers release

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, gigyz wrote:

> i'm happpy to see some people interested in Skystar2, well so i try to make point of situation:
>
> First release doesn't work with FlexcopIIB so we (i and my friends) fixed problem, we fixed als some syntax errors, compilation was not easy more error in Makefile missing headers , etc etc but some of us al least was able to compile modules and they worked. I have slack 9.0 and i have no problem, people with MDK9.1 too but with older distros some problems occurred. Drivers works well but they still have some bugs.
> Today authors release a patch he fix some bug (but not all) and add decrypting, but there is still a problem with headers but easy to resolve just copyng right headers in right place.
> Authors post on www.dvbnetwork.com forum (english), there you can found also Lovec that made some fix in drivers and still working on it
> there is also an italian forums http://www.assitecforum.com/
> where you can found info about skystar2 (old b2c2 driver and Giorby's audio/video modules) and you can found results of all tests maded on this card.
> So you can download drivers on www.esaee.com/uploads there is first release and patch update by author and also a packed version made by Lovec with fixed bug and with right headers path,so ready to compile.
> Bye

I did try the driver and everything does work up to szap part, but when
I try to call dvbnet the following error happens:

   [root@dwdsat2 dvbnet]# ./dvbnet -p 100

   DVB Network Interface Manager
   Version 1.1.0-TVF (Build Fri Jun 13 03:53:02 PM 2003)
   Copyright (C) 2003, TV Files S.p.A

   Device: /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0
   Error: couldn't open device /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0, aborting...

Any idea what I am doing wrong? The device /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0 does
exist.

Thanks,
Holger (Kiehl)