[linux-dvb] Re: grr.. Any DVB-T adaptors which work reliably?

> Are you sure your signal is good enough?  I find that my set-top-box is
> pretty care-free, but my DVB-T cards are *exceptionally* picky about
> the signal - they'll click and break-up much more easily.

Hmm, that's not a bad idea to check.  Is this a reported thing which could
cause the arm to crash though?

> At the moment, I'm finding things quite stable, although dvb-kernel is
> particularly variable.  Every now and again I pull down new code from
> CVS.  Sometimes, it seems more stable - but other times, it isn't.  For
> example, on the current build that I'm running, the rewind/forward
> functions in VDR don't work properly (I get stills, rather than moving
> images).  However, if I revert my drivers, it's OK.

Well, I haven't yet got to the point of evaluating VDR properly even, so
haven't noticed the other gremlins yet.  At the moment just trying to get
the card to survive more than 5-6 channel changes.  I have a high power fan
mounted over it today to see if that will make a difference.... (not so
far...)

> I quite fancied a fully-featured DVB-T (or DVB-S) card so I could dump
> my Dxr3, but now I'm not so sure I want to - especially if I can get an
> RGB output from my Dxr3, and the VDR Dxr3 plugin keeps improving.

Now, that's interesting.  My main reason for wanting the full featured card
is the RGB support.  I have a hollywood plus variant card.  Do you have a
reference on how to get RGB output from the dxr3?  Are there any
disadvantages over the full featured card?

As an aside, there is now some basic support for DVB in mythtv cvs.  You
will need to be a c++ programmer to do much with it at this stage because
there are still quite a few seg faults and it needs various db tables
manually populating and other nasty stuff.

However, if anyone is handy with c++ and wants another project to work on
then I would encourage you to have a peek at mythtv.