[linux-dvb] Re: grr.. Any DVB-T adaptors which work reliably?

Ragnar Sundblad wrote:

> I have had a bunch of problems with my TT DVB-T 1.2 too.
> It now works quite reliably, but it still picks up of
> interference from somewhere, I have audio clicks and picture
> problems on some, but not all, channels. I very seldom have
> firmware craches now.

No crashes since the release of the new firmware that included the OSD fixes.

> - I have lines traveling down the tv screen when using the
> composite output from the DVB-T card. I heard from another guy
> that has both a DVB-T and a DVB-C that he has the same on the
> DVB-T, but that the DVB-C is OK.

Vertical lines also here on the composite out of the DVB-T. Unfortunately
I wrecked the comp. out on my DVB-C :(
Maybe the RGB out is better...

> Usa-x says that their DVB-T 1.2 cards look like this:
> <http://www.usa-x.org/1shop/popup_image.php?pID=7&language=en>
> My 1.2 card does not look like that, it has an ALPS tuner and
> a SP8870 demodulator on the main board, like the one here:
> <http://www.technotrend.de/english/products/pcproducts2-2.html>.

Yep, mine looks like the second picture, too, and has also a ALPS tuner
with SP8870.

Looks like the 1.2 cards are seriously broken by design :(

Cheers,
Juri