[linux-dvb] Re: Spectral Inversion (was Re: Re: patch for scan (-tbitfield select))

Robert Schlabbach wrote:
From: "Johannes Stezenbach" <js@convergence.de>

But AFAIK there are no DVB-T FE around which have inversion ON,
so I changed it there from AUTO to OFF.

Don't cable and terrestrial tuners _always_ spectrally invert the signal,
so that the demodulator must have spectral inversion enabled by default?
The VES1820 on my Siemens-Cable card had to have spectral inversion
enabled, and so does the TDA10045H on my TT-Budget DVB-T card.
no, e.g. the L64781 and the tda10021 report no inversion. Some revisions of the TT DVB-C card too. The reason for the inversion is probably that the hardware designer swapped the I/Q wires between tuner and demodulator.

Holger