[linux-dvb] Re: DVB Feature Wishlist

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 09:51:28AM +0100, Adrian Wilkins wrote:
> <snip>
>
> In practice, I don't know what is considered a high stress level for
> USB and at what level of saturation it starts to get unreliable. USB 2.0
> would definitely have this covered, but the box is limited to 1.1 ;

Use USB2.0 with an USB2.0 Hub.

AFAIK the USB1.1 Protocol is only used from Hub to device, so a USB2.0
Hub should speak with a "Dedicated" 1.1 connection to the device.

If a USB2.0 Hub uses dedicated/shared connections per port may depend on
what price you paid for the hub. So in worstcase you have to buy a
USB2.0 Hub per 1.1 Device you wan't to connect, but i think (at least)
better USB2.0 hubs should be able to make a dedicated 1.1 connection per
port.

Bis denn