[linux-dvb] Re: DVB Feature Wishlist

This would really depend whether USB bandwidth is per direction or per total of both. Not sure which it is, but I suspect total.

I'm fairly sure that USB is inherently half duplex at the hardware level. There are 4 pins on the connector, 2 for power/gnd and a differential pair for data.

I think USB1 would struggle to handle the 2 x ~6Mbps it would need. The total USB1 bandwidth is maxes out at 12Mbps and that doesn't take into account any over the overheads.

USB2 at 480Mbps is a different story, the Nebula product below supports USB2, it even includes a builtin USB2 hub.

http://www.nebula-electronics.com/information/info.asp?Code=0002

I am considering whether I should build a slimline STB using a VIA EPIA board + DXR3 card in the PCI slot (the small cases do not support the 2 slot PCI riser) and an external USB DVB receiver.

Jon