[linux-dvb] Re: Technotrend DVB-T 1.2 recommended for UK?

--On den 8 juli 2003 00:30 +0200 Ragnar Sundblad <ragge@nada.kth.se> wrote:

--On den 7 juli 2003 22:52 +0000 Juergen Peitz <peitz@snafu.de> wrote:

Monday, 7. Juli 2003 17:32 you wrote:

Do you still have the new fixes that Juergen made installed?
l> I have, they may be what have fixed it for me.
Interesting! Is the card really running better with that patch?
Do you still have other problems with the frontend driver?
I have changed so many parameters now that I am actually not
sure anymore, but it was quite a while ago that I had a
frontend hang with the newer SP8870 firmware.
IIRC, it was the
+		/* read status reg in order to clear pending irqs */
+		sp8870_readreg(i2c, 0x200);
part that seemed to stop the frontend hangs, but I must test it
again to tell for sure.
I have now done a little testing, and it really does seem that
that pending irq clearing makes a difference!

Without it, I get a frontend hang of the kind that can be
resolved by changing channel (freqency) in one of maybe 20
channel switches.
With it, I don't think that kind of hang ever occurs for me.

/ragge