[linux-dvb] Re: Scanning other-nit

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:33:14PM +0200, Andreas Oberritter wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 10:47, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> > Scanning other-nit from Sirius gives following,
> > They look like cable-stuff, is that correct ??
>
> Maybe just a cable provider who uses Sirius as a transport medium and
> who does not want to replace the SI tables before feeding the data into
> the cable network. "Kabel Deutschland" does this on Astra 23.5E for
> example. In this case you'll probably have to get the transponder data
> from www.lyngsat.com or a similar information source.

Yes, scan must ignore cable stuff when scanning satellites and vice
versa. I'll fix.

SMATV: ETSI EN 300 473 "DVB Satellite Master Antenna distribution systems".

I think stuff like that is used when you have a single satellite dish on
a larger building, so having hundreds of DiSEqC switches would be too
expensive or otherwise problematic.

Johannes