[linux-dvb] Re: Teletext and radio support?

Demeter,

The "-ps" option of dvbstream requires exactly one video and one audio stream. That is why it is failing to output a program stream.

You need to use the native transport stream (TS) format and then convert this into an elementary stream (i.e. mpeg audio) and play it using an mpeg audio player (e.g. mpg123 or madplay).

i.e.

dvbstream -o -f 12148 -p v -s 27500 336 | ts2es 336 | mpg123 -

"ts2es" comes as part of the DVB mpegtools.

You may experience some buffering problems, so you could try inserting the "bfr" program in the pipestream.

Alternatively, you can use my rtptsaudio program (available from the same place you got dvbstream) which converts and plays rtp-ts audio streams and do this:

dvbstream -f 12148 -p v -s 27500 336 &
rtptsaudio 336

Regards,

Dave.

Demeter Tibor wrote:
Hi !

Anyone know how to watch a teletext page or hear a radio station with my dvb card ?
This currently possible with my pctv sat card under linux?
I trying set the dvbstream to "sunshine live" parameters (in the channels.conf this "sunshine live:12148:h:0:27500:0:336:169")

dvbstream -o -ps -f 12148 -p v -s 27500 0 336| mplayer -cache 2048 -

but not get stream from the card.

If i set a tv station, then work without problems

why?

Bye
Demeter Tibor