[linux-dvb] Re: full featured card without signal and required video memory investigation

On Monday 14 July 2003 17:34, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > BTW, I had a look into dvb-kernel and noticed that the i2c code is
> > interrupt-driven. A quick test showed that the fe thread caused
> > virtually no cpu load, even if the sat signal is missing!

Sorry, wrong. Interrupt mode is not used for DVB.

> Last time I checked the dvb-kernel I2C was noticably slower because
> the mdelay()s were replaced by schedule_timeout()s. But with your
> patch applied it could be just as fast?

The dvb-kernel I2C already contains this fix. Unfortunately, it is not
used for short transfers. If I patch the code (set short_delay=1, I2C
speed = 275 kHz), dvb-kernel tunes very fast.

Maybe 'short_delay' mode or better the 'short delay threshold' should be
made selectable like interrupt mode. Michael, is this possible?

Oliver