[linux-dvb] Re: Set top boxes

> Is anyone out there developing a set-top box for a professional company
that is very small (about the size of a CD-ROM drive) that can recieve
DVB-T, i> s based on Linux (of course) and has an ethernet port?  A front
panel LCD or display would be great too (www.lcdproc.org).

> Just curious,

> Brian

Hi Brian,

It depends on what you want 2 do, but Zarlink semi have got a simple
freeview app board that is the size of a cigarette pack and receives DVB-T
under Linux.  However, it does not have an ethernet port so debugging would
have to be done using RS232 or JTAG. We also have a PVR board design that
is roughly the size of a VCR cassette that does have a ethernet port.  We
don't manufacture the end product, but we do have app reference designs.

Hope this helps,

Rob : )