[linux-dvb] Aspect ratio on UK DVB-t

Until recently I've been viewing TV on an old 14inch RGB monitor, but it has
now died and I'm temporarily using motv.

Virtually all images displayed as 4:3 on the monitor, but motv displays some
channels/images as widescreen. ISTR a post stating that the UK uses a
non-standard method for encoding ratio, but can't find it ATM.

So, I'm just wondering if this is a dvb or vdr thing, and has anyone watching
UK TV any ideas about how to resolve this?

Andy