[linux-dvb] Budget Nova-T problem

Arrghh. These Hauppauge cards seem to have it in for me.

I have had this wretched budget Nova-T working once, but now, although most of the modules insmod ok, I get no /dev/dvb/adaptor0/frontend0 device created. (probably because it isn't loading the tda1004x as we shall see).

In syslog I have the following errors:
Aug 9 15:38:05 mm kernel: DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T PCI).
Aug 9 15:38:05 mm kernel: PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin ? of device 02:0b.0 - using IRQ 23
Aug 9 15:38:06 mm kernel: tda1004x: Detected Philips TDA10045H.
Aug 9 15:38:07 mm kernel: tda1004x: Detected, but with unknown tuner.
Aug 9 15:38:07 mm kernel: Couldn't read from EEPROM: not there?

However, this HAS worked once just a few days ago and then I think I rebooted (or perhaps a lockup), and since then the card won't initialise. I have tried changing the motherboard (p4p800) to mode "plug-n-play OS installed" yes and no without any success

UPDATE:

Moving the card to a new slot fixed the "No IRQ" problem. However, I still had the "Couldnt read from EEPROM".

So I installed Windows (XP) on this machine (what a pain, insisted on formatting extra partitions and me deleting at least one linux partition, etc. How come a multi-billion dollar corporation can't build an OS that can co-exist with one of its few competitors...). And then put on the Hauppauge drivers. THESE then started to fail on their startup tests, after "checking PCI", and then failing on "testing frontend"....

...To cut a long email short, I moved that card back to the orig slot and then the windows driver was happy again. Then rebooted back into linux (after repairing the damage done by windows), and now the linux driver loads up fine....

...Anyone have an idea what could have gone wrong or seen this before? Otherwise just a note that there is something that the windows driver is doing, which isn't being done in the linux driver (no idea what though). Just for reference the linux driver in use is the latest cvs of the dvb-kernel code, NOT the DVB branch.

Thanks to all those who wrote the Nova/dvb drivers though! Much appreciated and now to get on with recording some Tv...

Ed W