[linux-dvb] Re: kernel panic when insmod driver

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Re: kernel panic when insmod driver (10-Aug-2003 22:02)
From:    holger@convergence.de
To:      apieper@gmx.net

> apieper@gmx.net wrote:

I installed the ksymoops-package (wasn't installed before,
i just thaught that.

After i rebooted the machine i did 'dmesg | ksymoops'.

Of course, i couldn't load the new dvb-driver, because in that case the
machine will crash before i am able to pipe dmesg to ksymoops.

the output is:
vdr:~# dmesg | ksymoops
ksymoops 2.4.8 on i686 2.4.20.  Options used
     -V (default)
     -k /proc/ksyms (default)
     -l /proc/modules (default)
     -o /lib/modules/2.4.20/ (default)
     -m /boot/System.map-2.4.20 (default)

Warning: You did not tell me where to find symbol information.  I will
assume that the log matches the kernel and modules that are running
right now and I'll use the default options above for symbol resolution.
If the current kernel and/or modules do not match the log, you can get
more accurate output by telling me the kernel version and where to find
map, modules, ksyms etc.  ksymoops -h explains the options.

8139too Fast Ethernet driver 0.9.26

1 warning issued.  Results may not be reliable.

Hope that helps.

...Andreas