[linux-dvb] Re: satellite newbie in the US looking for set upDVB on linux

Jeremy Hall wrote:
yes, Bell Expressvu uses DVB on all their transponders, including their inet ones.

AFAIK DSS doesn't use QPSK to lock, in any rate I can't get even a decent lock from a DSS transponder. I hadn't seen this thread until just now.
All modern satellite frontends support BPSK in addition to the DVB modes, the good ones even 8PSK and QAM16, so I suppose they're using one of these modes.

Holger