[linux-dvb] Re: Simens MXB not working

Hello Johannes,

I just got a Siemens MXB card (SAA7146). I tried to use that with linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0 on a Suse 8.1.
Compiling works, but make insmod fails as below. It looks to me as if dvb-ttpci.o would not find the card.
Well, not every saa7146 based card is a DVB card. The MXB is an *analog* TV card, so you should use the "mxb.o" driver from the "analog-2.4" directory of the "dvb-kernel" CVS driver.

For futher informations have a look at my MXB project page at
http://www.gdv.uni-hannover.de/~hunold1/linux/saa7146/mxb.html

There are compilation instructions plus additional background informations. It's possible to use the driver with the "DVB" video4linux-1 driver, just in case you have an saa7146 based DVB card, too.

Any help isappreciated.
Johannes
CU
Michael.