[linux-dvb] Re: Possible kernel thread related crashes on 2.4.x

> This would explain why my system hangs/crashes especially when zapping a
> lot (it never crashed during continuous playback, only when zapping).
> I'm using MPlayer, which always re-opens the device for a new channel.

Yeah, I think the problem is exacerbated for me by the fact the streaming
boxes have 5 cards each... so thats 5 kernel threads, so five times more
likely for it to happen. As you say, it only occurs when starting/stopping
streaming. Normal playback is rock solid.

Please let me know if it fixes it.. be good to know if this is definitely the
issue.