[linux-dvb] Re: Linux DVB API 4 Q's

Hi Ralph,

> Yes, you can add several section filters to a section feed. But these
> are internal data structures which take into consideration that
> most hardware has no completely separate section filters but that they
> all have to be associated with a PID filter (or some call them PID feed)
> and you can only have one of those per PID.
> So, separate higher (user) level section filters internally have to
> share one feed.

To keep things simple, all I need is to be able to add multiple section
filters to a single PID where each "filter" is attached to a separate fd.
Johannes has confirmed that this is possible in the V3 API, so I assume
this functionality will remain in V4. However, for recording onto a HDD or
creating a TS from another TS/PS/PES then I would need multiple PES filters
attached to a single fd that would be read. As I understand, this is what
we are aiming for in V4.

> > match has been found.  You can attach multiple section filters to a
single
> > fd by calling "DMX_SET_FILTER" multiple times on the already opened fd.

> No, the filter will be stopped at the start of a DMX_SET_FILTER call
> and this removes the old section filter from the feed.
> An implementation of the new API will just keep a table of filters for
> each file descriptor instead.

Agreed.

Thanks,

Rob : )