[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel doesn't initialize secondary card

On Friday 26 September 2003 22:16, Martin Holst wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:

> > similar

> > > Hmmm, you are right -- for tuner modules that use non-default i2c timing
> >
> > > values you have to rewrite this register before probing. Can you please
> > > test if this helps and prepare a patch?
> >
> > Fixed in dvb-kernel CVS. It does not hurt to clear standby mode before
> > reading the id register,  as probe_tuner() does this anyway...
>
> Do this mean, that the secondary card (stv0299-frontend) will now work
> even after reloading the driver?

Yes, this should work now. Please report if it doesn't.
I hope that this modification does not break anything.

BTW, for some reason the problem does not exist in DVB.
Maybe the autodetection code of another frontend clears
the standby bit by chance ;-)

Oliver