[linux-dvb] Re: Who plays dice with xv under 2.6?

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 01:59:40PM +0200, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> dvb-kernel or DVB? If it works with 2.4.21-ac1 and dvb-kernel your
> v4l_drv.o is OK.

dvb-kernel ;-)
Then my v4l_drv.o is fine, and my question remains open...

> Yes, but you can use some older Xfree source you happen to have on
> a distribution CD, and update the v4l driver only. Then
> "make World" in the top-level dir, wait some minutes until all
> Makefiles have been generated, symlinks have been set up, and
> build tools have been built, Ctrl-C, cd to the v4l dir, "make"
> and finally copy v4l_drv.o to your X drivers dir.

Anyone with a Mandrake cooker could compil it with debug enabled?

> But like I said above, if dvb-kernel works with 2.4.21-ac1 it's
> not the v4l module that's causing you problems. It might still
> be useful to build v4l_drv.o with debug enabled to track down
> problems. You could also try to load v4l1-compat.o with debug=1.

I could load it with  debug=1 if needed ;-)

> Maybe you can tell me more specific what you mean by "does not work".

As I said in the first email: there is no xv extension for my two DVB-s
cards (the xv is working with mga) xvinfo repports nothing about dvb...

> I corrected a bug with v4l2->v4l1 backward compatibility in
> saa7146_video.c, so you might want to update that from CVS.

The only patches in patches-2.6 are regading a feature I don't use,
should I take the files from
CVS/dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/common/saa7146_video.c and recompil?

Thank for your help,

	Grégoire