[linux-dvb] Re: help: compliation problems (Nova-T on redhat 9)

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 21:40, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> John Pullan wrote:
<snip>

> are you using a RedHat system? If so please fetch a fresh kernel from
> http://www.kernel.org/, configure+build it and then build the DVB driver
> again. The kernels delivered with a Redhat distribution are heavily
> patched so that the version checks in the compatiblity workaround code fail.
>
> As alternative you also might to try these issues manually, you'll have
> to adjust the version defines in compat.h so that the execute code
> matches the code in your kernel includes. But this is tricky and will
> cause some troubles if you are not experienced, so better fetch+install
> a clean+fresh kernel without proprietary patches.
>
> Holger

Thanks for the prompt help :-)

I went with Petri's solution (delete compat.h) for now and it seems to
work. I'll do the job properly once I've got access to a fat pipe.
(Can't face downloading the kernel source over a modem)

Cheers

--
John Pullan <jmp@tarantella.com>