[linux-dvb] Re: help: compliation problems (Nova-T on redhat9)

John Pullan wrote:

I went with Petri's solution (delete compat.h) for now and it seems to
work. I'll do the job properly once I've got access to a fat pipe.
(Can't face downloading the kernel source over a modem)
You can get the pristine kernel.org source by installing the kernel-<version>.src.rpm package from one of the SRPMS CD-roms.
Note that this is not the same as the kernel-source-<version>.ix86.rpm, which contains only the patched kernel source code.

The kernel-<version>.tar.{gz,bz2) file should end up in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/..., along with lots of the patches which RedHat apply.

Jon