[linux-dvb] KNC1 Driver Loading Problem

Hi,

This is a budget type card on a pc running SuSE 8.2, k2.4.20.

I am having problems loading the stable DVB driver version 1.0.1.  It hangs,
and doing an lsmod shows that the dvb-ttpci module is continuously
initialising.  I have also tried checking out the latest DVB driver from the
CVS.  If I try the new kernel driver build 2.4 it appears to load but does
not properly recognise the card.

Looking at the kernel budget drivers it appears that knc1 has been
(partially?) included.

Using the Metzler drivers with the KNC1 cards there appears to be a possible
problem.  When the cards are queried once a second, for example using the
femon application, the cpu system load is approx 5%.  When the femon
application was expanded to provide more data the load was 12%.  This is
needed to provide data for a front panel display.  This is on an IBM S32
Celeron 1.8GHz machine.

With the Metzler driver it appears that the I2C module is used for
communication, whilst the linuxtv.org driver does not, possibly handling the
I2C locally on the board.  Could this be the problem?

If the linuxtv.org drivers are used with a Hauppauge card no load, either
user or system, is seen on the cpu.  Similar applies to the kdvb-fe process.
With the Metzler driver it is showing 0.25% cpu usage, whilst the
linuxtv.org driver shows 0%.

Can anyone help with the following?

1.  Has anyone had success using the DVB driver with a budget type KNC1
card?
2.  Does anyone know what the problem is with the module installation
hanging?
3.  Does anyone know the position the kernel drivers are in to support KNC1,
especially the budget modules?
4.  Any ideas on why there is such a large cpu load when carrying out
queries using the Metzler driver?

Thanks,
Bob.

The content of this e-mail and any attachment is private and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or
forwarding of this e-mail and/or its attachments is unauthorised.  If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the sender by e-mail and delete this
message and any attachments immediately from this system.

Kingston Communications (HULL) PLC is a public limited company incorporated
in England and Wales with registration number 02150618 and whose registered
office is at 37 Carr Lane, Hull HU1 3RE