[linux-dvb] Re: Linux DVB API 4 Q's

Hi Again,

> > Could you run through the advantages of the SET ioctl over the add/del.
> > Personally I would still rather stick with ADD/DEL as user applications
> > would typically use these methods to set up PES filters when changing a
> > programme or as and when required.  I guess the SET ioctl would only
> > benefit if you had quite a few PIDs that you knew beforehand to setup,
but
> > once you had set them up, would you still use the SET ioctl to add >1
PIDs
> > again? What about channel changes - are there many PIDs to be setup at
once
> > or individually? Maybe having both interfaces would be best... what do
> > people think?

> See my other posting. Current software uses on fd per PID, so it doesn't
> matter. IMHO it matters only for stream recording. But I note your and
> Ralphs preference, so I guess I'll go with ADD/DEL.

If we use the ADD/DEL ioctl to be able to "attach" PID filters to an
existing fd so that we have a multiplexed output stream, then we will need
to identify which PID filter to remove using the DEL ioctl.  Currently in
the dmx.h header file the DVB_DMX_DEL_PID_FILTER accepts the fd but no
argument to specify which PID filter to remove. Can we please add the PID
value as an argument to distinguish which PID filter to remove.

Thanks,

Rob : )