[linux-dvb] Re: Can a Hauppage DVB-S receive HDTV?

I have a Nova-S and can receive that stream, but since the decoding is too cpu intensive for such a high resolution you need a high-end cpu or you have to rescale to a lower resolution such as 640x480 (for my Athlon xp 1500+)

David Rincon wrote:

Hi!

I have been playing with the Hauppage Nova-T card (I think that is also
known as "budget" card) and Linux. I can receive a complete Transport
Stream from a DVB-T multiplex, filter a PID, and then play it with xine
(for example)

I'd like to know if I could do the same with the DVB-S card. My objective
is to tune Euro1080 (www.euro1080.tv) and play it with xine.

Has anybody done it already? Do you know which problems I'll face with?
I'd like to know it before I buy the card and the dish.

David